Im a firm believer that all the natural gas that exists underground should belong to “ALL Americans, and if possible, the Government” ie: (the people as a whole) should get into the gas business. Why leave every single profitable venture to private capitalists which never reimburse the American people for the resources they plunder… Why not take all the profit, cut costs for everyone, and supply a cheap cost effective source of energy for all American’s to enjoy for more than the next hundred years. That’s a century… Certainly after all that time, we should have plenty of alternative fuel sources in place by then so let’s move forward and break the cycle of the super advantaged taking our nations natural resources and profiting privately on the backs of the workers and ordinary citizens of our great country… I welcome your comments.
- Sign-up pace slows in third week of 2018 Obamacare enrollment November 22, 2017(Reuters) - The pace slowed in the third week of enrollment for 2018 Obamacare individual insurance as nearly 800,000 people signed up through the federal government website HealthCare.gov, down about 75,000 people from the previous week, a U.S. government agency reported on Wednesday.
- U.S. calls Myanmar operation against Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing' November 22, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Wednesday labeled the Myanmar military operation against the Rohingya population "ethnic cleansing" and said it would consider targeted sanctions against those responsible.
- In Trump strongholds, Democrats walk tightrope ahead of 2018 elections November 22, 2017KATY, Texas (Reuters) - As Democrats try to win control of the U.S. Congress in next year's midterm elections, their hopes of picking up a Senate seat in Republican-dominated Texas rest with a telegenic ex-punk rocker who wants to impeach President Donald Trump and legalize marijuana.
- Trump: Father of UCLA player in shoplifting case is 'ungrateful fool' November 22, 2017(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday reignited a feud with the father of one of the three UCLA basketball players who were detained in China on suspicion of shoplifting, calling him an "ungrateful fool" in a series of early-morning tweets.
- Democrats, advocacy groups launch blitz of ads attacking tax plan November 22, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The tax overhaul pushed by President Donald Trump and fellow Republicans is prompting a slew of attack ads by Democrats and progressive groups that say the legislation would lavish benefits on corporations and the rich, while harming the middle class.
- Republicans In Ohio Have Questions About A Former Congressman’s Handling Of A Sexual Misconduct Accusation November 18, 2017Key Republicans in Ohio want to know what a former congressman knew about a sexual misconduct accusation against a former state lawmaker — and when he knew it.A report Friday by the Washington Post details allegations against Wes Goodman, who resigned from the Ohio House this week. A young man, who was 18 at the […]
- Advocates Who Want To Change Criminal Justice Are Rallying Around These Republican Governors November 17, 2017Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds Scott Olson / Getty Images AUSTIN — Two conservative governors are the new faces of a nonprofit organization’s push for criminal justice reform — traditionally a low-priority issue for national Republicans.Iowa’s Kim Reynolds and Kentucky’s Matt Bevin headlined a Justice Action Network event Thursday scheduled to coincide with the Republican Governors […]
- Fox Sports Bribed Officials, Says Prosecution Witness In FIFA Trial November 15, 2017The federal courthouse in Brooklyn where the FIFA trial is talking place on November 13, 2017 in New York. Don Emmert / AFP / Getty Images NEW YORK — A key witness in the FIFA trial testified Tuesday that major media companies — including Fox Sports — bribed officials for soccer broadcasting rights.Alejandro Burzaco, a […]
- Women’s March Organizers Want To Know Where Supporters Can Find Their Magazine Cover November 15, 2017Instagram: @tamikadmallory The Women’s March organizers say a recent issue of Glamour that features the organizers on the cover isn’t being widely displayed on newsstands.The Women’s March organizers said in a statement to BuzzFeed News that an inability to locate the magazine on stands was not a disappointment, but an opportunity to broaden the issue’s […]
- The Republican National Committee Reportedly Is Done With Roy Moore November 13, 2017Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore Wes Frazer / Getty Images One after another, prominent Republicans are bailing on Roy Moore.They’re calling for the Alabama Senate candidate, who’s accused of behaving inappropriately years ago with teenage girls, to withdraw from the race or be barred from serving if he wins.And, reportedly the Republican National Committee is […]
- Did Russian Trolls Try To Meddle In Energy Markets? Congress Wants To Look Into It November 10, 2017Facebook general counsel Colin Stretch, Twitter acting general counsel Sean Edgett, and Google law enforcement and information security director Richard Salgado testifying last month on Capitol Hill. Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images Facebook, Twitter and Alphabet (the parent company of Google) are in talks to provide information to the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee […]
- Poll Shows Alabama Race Tied After Allegations Against Roy Moore November 10, 2017Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore. Scott Olson / Getty Images A new poll shows the Senate race in Alabama is now too close to call, following an accusation that Republican nominee Roy Moore pursued a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old girl in 1979.Moore and Democrat Doug Jones are tied at 46% in […]
- The RNC And Sean Spicer Came To Iowa To Celebrate One Year Of Trump — And Got A Lot Of Virginia Questions November 9, 2017Trump on election night last year with then-RNC chairman Reince Priebus. Joe Raedle / Getty Images DES MOINES, Iowa — A cross-examination about how unpopular the president is probably wasn’t what Ronna Romney McDaniel had in mind when she decided to spend the first anniversary of Donald Trump’s election in Iowa.But there the Republican National […]
- Tom Steyer Tries HBCU Organizing In Virginia November 7, 2017Justin Fairfax Julia Rendleman / Reuters With a tight race in Virginia, some hope a narrowly targeted effort to turn out voters on black college and university campuses could get Democrats over the edge on Tuesday night.NextGen, a group funded by liberal billionaire Tom Steyer that is now working to target young voters, launched organizing […]
- Democrats Sweep Virginia Races, Including Contentious Governor’s Contest November 7, 2017Cliff Owen / AP Weeks of brutal campaigning in Virginia ended Tuesday night when voters elected Democrat Ralph Northam as the state’s next governor, offering a rebuke to President Trump and his repeated attempts to drum up support for the Republican rival.Northam, Virginia’s lieutenant governor, was leading Republican Ed Gillespie Tuesday night 54% to 45% […]
Real Clear Politics Newsfeed
- Santorum: "Very High Chance" Roy Moore Would Be Expelled From Senate November 22, 2017On Tuesday's broadcast of CNN Tonight, network contributor and former Senator Rick Santorum said he believes if Roy Moore is elected there is "a very high chance" he would face expulsion from the Senate. CHRIS CUOMO, CNN: If he wins, do you think that McConnell makes a move on him or do you think it's […]
- Trump to Women: "It Is A Very Special Time," "I'm Happy A Lot Of These Things Are Coming Out" November 21, 2017President Donald Trump commented on Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore on Tuesday afternoon. He said the accused child molester "denies it." "He totally denies it, he says it didn't happen -- and you have to believe him also," the president said. "We don't need a liberal person in there -- a Democrat," he said referring […]
- Rep. Ted Deutch: Trump Administration Ending "Temporary Protective Status" For 58,000 Haitian Refugees November 21, 2017Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch told CNN Tuesday afternoon that he is "disappointed" in the Trump administration's decision to end "Temporary Protective Status" for more than 58,000 Haitian refugees who came to America following an earthquake in 2010. "Sadly, the president's position has been consistently anti-immigrant, anti-refugee, and in this case --this is a humanitarian […]
- Hannity: FBI Informant For Uranium One Has Evidence of Bribery, Kickback, Extortion, Money Laundering, Racketeering November 21, 2017FNC's Sean Hannity hosts investigative reporter Sara Carter, John Solomon of The Hill, and Victoria Toensing, an attorney representing an FBI informant who allegedly possesses documents on the sale of Canadian mining company 'Uranium One' to Russia interests in 2010. Transcript, via FOX News: HANNITY: Breaking news tonight, the Hills John Solomon, investigative reporter Sara […]
- President Trump Ignores Questions About Roy Moore, North Korea At Cabinet Meeting November 21, 2017At a Cabinet meeting Monday morning, the president did not answer shouted questions about Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore and the decision to label North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Democracy Now! 2017-11-22 Wednesday November 22, 2017Sexual harassment law expert Jennifer Drobac on women reporting sexual abuse by powerful men; writer Rebecca Solnit says harassment stunts equality in the workplace; FCC chair Ajit Pai plans to end net neutrality; nearly 60,000 Haitians face deportation.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-11-21 Tuesday November 21, 2017A New York Times investigation reveals U.S. airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq have killed far more civilians than officials admit. We speak with the survivor of an airstrike and the reporters, Azmat Khan & Anand Gopal, who co-authored "The Uncounted."Democracy Now!
- Anand Gopal: As US Continues Strikes in Afghanistan & Syria, Where is Coverage of Civilian Deaths? November 21, 2017In an extended conversation, we speak with reporter Anand Gopal about the U.S. role in the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Syria.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-11-20 Monday November 20, 2017Amid political crisis in Zimbabwe, longtime leader Robert Mugabe is refusing to resign; we speak with Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto and Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe about the anti-Trump revolt at the U.N. Climate Summit in Bonn, Germany.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-11-17 Friday November 17, 2017On the final day of COP23, we discuss the final negotiations; we speak with a key architect of the Paris Agreement; and as the Keystone pipeline leaks 210,000 gallons of oil, we get response from Tom Goldtooth of the Indigenous Environmental Network.Democracy Now!
- Migration Advocate Calls on Delegates at COP23 to Address Climate Change Displacement November 17, 2017We speak with Dina Ionesco, the head of migration, environment and climate change at the International Organization for Migration.Democracy Now!
- Climate Without Borders: Meet a Meteorologist Who Dares to Say "Climate Change" in Weather Reports November 17, 2017We speak with Jill Peeters, a weather presenter in Belgium who is also the founder of Climate Without Borders.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-11-16 Thursday November 16, 2017We get an update on Zimbabwe, where the military has carried out an apparent coup; a look at the banks and fossil fuel companies pushing their agenda at COP23; and we speak with Dina Ionesco about migration, environment and climate change.Democracy Now!
- Scientist Kevin Anderson: Our Socioeconomic Paradigm is Incompatible with Climate Change Objectives November 15, 2017We continue our conversation with leading climate scientist, Kevin Anderson.Democracy Now!
- Exclusive: Fmr. Flight Attendant Tells Democracy Now! George H.W. Bush Grabbed Her, Delaying Takeoff November 15, 2017In a Democracy Now! exclusive, a former flight attendant tells us former President George H.W. Bush grabbed her while she was working in first class, refusing to let go of her for so long that he ended up delaying takeoff.Democracy Now!