Im a firm believer that all the natural gas that exists underground should belong to “ALL Americans, and if possible, the Government” ie: (the people as a whole) should get into the gas business. Why leave every single profitable venture to private capitalists which never reimburse the American people for the resources they plunder… Why […]
“I see a big disaster unfolding in front of me. Just like a bad dream unfolding slowly, and you try to shout for help, but no one can hear the cries for help”. But the only reason that no-one hears the screams is because of the din of the cash drawer clanking away as they […]
I cannot believe that in six hard years of getting over the Republican way of doing things, we are heading back in history to repeat all of the mistakes of the past. Anyone who follows politics for the sake of staying informed knows that EVERY SINGLE REP ADMINISTRATION SINCE THE FIFTIES ends in disaster for […]
Typical of the average “politick”… get a domain like “Town Hall” or and organization like the “United States Chamber of Commerce” which gives the impression it is the general consensus of all opinions and viewpoints, consisting of all americans of different viewpoints, but in reality, it is a one-sided affair in which article after article expouses […]
- Trump blasts Oprah over 60 Minutes episode February 19, 2018(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump blasted media mogul Oprah Winfrey on Twitter on Sunday night over a segment on CBS's 60 Minutes program and again said he hoped she would face him as an opponent in the 2020 presidential race.
- Students plan protests, Washington march, to demand gun control after mass shooting February 19, 2018PARKLAND, Fla. (Reuters) - Stunned by the deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history, students mobilized across the country on Sunday to organize rallies and a national walkout in support of stronger gun laws, challenging politicians they say have failed to protect them.
- Trump says FBI missed signs on Florida shooting due to Russia probe, draws criticism February 19, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump attacked the FBI and lawmakers probing suspected Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S presidential election, drawing sharp criticism for saying an excessive focus on Russia led investigators to miss signs that could have prevented a deadly school shooting in Florida.
- U.S. charges Russians with 2016 U.S. election tampering to boost Trump February 18, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Russian propaganda arm oversaw a criminal and espionage conspiracy to tamper in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign to support Donald Trump and disparage Hillary Clinton, said an indictment released on Friday that revealed more details than previously known about Moscow's purported effort to interfere.
- Republicans face first test of tax cuts' power to sway voters February 18, 2018WASHINGTON, Penn (Reuters) - Mark Marran, an operations manager for a Fortune 500 company, voted for Donald Trump. Two weeks ago he noticed an extra $100 in his bimonthly pay check, courtesy of sweeping tax cuts passed by the Republican Congress late last year.
- Trump's National Security Adviser: Indictment Shows Evidence Of Russian Meddling Is "Incontrovertible" February 17, 2018Ralph Orlowski / Reuters The indictment of 13 Russian citizens and three companies on Friday is "incontrovertible" evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster said Saturday.The indictment, prepared by special counsel Robert Mueller, claimed that "operations to interfere with the US political system" began in 2014, with Russians […]
- Mitt Romney Has Launched A Senate Bid In Utah — And Some Republicans Are Playing The Carpetbagger Card February 16, 2018George Frey / Getty Images Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, is now a Senate candidate in Utah — and the announcement of his candidacy shows he’s sensitive about being labeled a carpetbagger.“Utah,” the Republican says at the beginning of a video he shared Friday morning on social media, “is admired not only for […]
- Federal Grand Jury In Special Counsel Probe Indicts Russian Troll Farm And Individuals For 2016 Election Meddling February 16, 2018Aaron P. Bernstein / Reuters The special counsel's office announced a federal indictment against the Russian-based Internet Research Agency (IRA), two other Russian entities, and 13 Russian individuals Friday, accusing them of "interfering with the US political and electoral processes, including the presidential election of 2016."The special counsel's office, which is investigating Russian interference in […]
- The Special Counsel Talked With The Former Spokesperson For Trump's Legal Team February 16, 2018AFP / Getty Images The former spokesperson for President Trump's legal team spoke with special counsel Robert Mueller on Thursday, his lawyer confirmed to BuzzFeed News.Mark Corallo served as the spokesperson for Trump's outside legal team for a short period this past summer but left in July. In January, the New York Times reported that […]
- The Trump Administration Is Arguing It Can Keep Information About The Trans Military Ban Secret February 16, 2018Mark Wilson / Getty Images WASHINGTON — The Justice Department argued in court this week that officials don’t have to turn over certain information and documents about President Trump’s announced decision to bar transgender people from serving in the military — citing executive privilege.The judge hearing one of the lawsuits challenging the policy pushed back […]
- A Federal Appeals Court Ruled That Trump's Third Travel Ban Is Likely Unconstitutional February 15, 2018Leah Millis / Reuters A federal appeals court on Thursday ruled that President Donald Trump's third attempt at a travel ban is likely unconstitutional, writing that it "continues to exhibit a primarily religious anti-Muslim objective."The US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit upheld a lower court injunction that blocked the Trump administration from enforcing […]
- John Kasich’s Recent Moves Reflect His 2020 Options: Primarying Trump Or Fleeing The GOP February 14, 2018Ohio Gov. John Kasich Aaron Josefczyk / Reuters John Kasich’s brand is built around the idea of “two paths” for the Republican Party: one for center-right pragmatists like him, the other for flamethrowers like Donald Trump.But as the Ohio governor considers a rematch with Trump in 2020, he is weighing two more-tactical paths. Does he […]
- Sources: Letitia James Is Saying She’ll Run For New York Mayor In 2021 February 14, 2018Letitia James speaks at a memorial gathering in Brooklyn for those killed in Orlando in 2016. Spencer Platt / Getty Images Letitia "Tish" James, the public advocate for the city of New York, has told people in recent days that she intends to run for New York City mayor in 2021, according to two sources […]
- White House Reporters Are More Pissed Off Than Usual About The Rob Porter Mess February 14, 2018Pool / Getty Images The White House press corps has become used to briefing-room spin, cleanups after Trump tweets, and flat-out falsehoods about presidential fixations like crowd size.But for reporters covering the Trump administration, something feels different about the Rob Porter scandal. White House reporters say that the incident has transformed into the most infuriating […]
- DeRay Mckesson Landed A Book Deal February 14, 2018Dia Dipasupil / Getty Images The most recognizable protester to emerge from the movement against police violence in the middle part of this decade has landed a book deal with Viking, the publisher told BuzzFeed News.DeRay Mckesson, who came to national prominence after participating in weeks of protests in Ferguson, Missouri, of the shooting death […]
- Sen. Lankford: Expecting Mueller's Final Report In The "Coming Days" February 18, 2018In an interview on this week's edition of 'Meet the Press,' Sen. James Lankford said senators expect the final report on Russia's election interference "in the coming days." CHUCK TODD, NBC: It's still an open question of whether more Americans helped or not. Is that correct, sir? SEN. JAMES LANKFORD: It is an open question. […]
- Mollie Hemingway: "Disappointing" To See Joy Behar Mock VP Pence's Religious Beliefs February 18, 2018On Sunday's edition of FOX News Channel's "MediaBuzz," Mollie Hemingway slammed Joy Behar for her comments this week mocking Vice President Mike Pence's religious beliefs as "mental illness." "It's one thing to talk to Jesus. It's another thing when Jesus talks to you," Behar said about Pence on 'The View' this week. "Christians believe that […]
- 'The View' Host Joy Behar Mocks VP Mike Pence's Christian Faith As "Mental Illness" February 18, 2018In a segment on 'The View' this week, co-host Joy Behar took a shot a Vice President Mike Pence's Christian faith, saying that talking to Jesus is one thing, but hearing Jesus talk to you could be described as "mental illness." Behar made the comments in response to a clip of fired WH staffer and […]
- Sessions on Hillary Clinton Email Investigation: "We Are Going to Restore the Rule of Law" February 18, 2018Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in an interview with FOX News Channel's 'Sunday Morning Futures' hosted by Maria Bartiromo, discussed as much as he can about the Justice Department's investigation into the Hillary Clinton email case. "We're going to do our job in his department properly and correctly," he said. "We can't do that in the […]
- Sessions: Illegal Leak Against General Mike Flynn Is Being Investigated "Aggressively" February 18, 2018Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in an interview with FOX News Channel's 'Sunday Morning Futures' hosted by Maria Bartiromo, said that the Justice Department is "aggressively" investigating the leak of a phone call between former national security advisor Gen. Mike Flynn and the Russian Ambassador. Background: Washington Post: How Mike Flynn Was Undone By A Phone […]
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-16 Friday February 16, 2018Trump blames mental illness for Florida's latest mass shooting, ignoring gun control; the shooter had a history of violence toward women and alleged ties to a white supremacist group; South African business magnate Cyril Ramaphosa sworn in as president.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-15 Thursday February 15, 2018Headlines for February 15, 2018; When Will This Stop? 17 Shot Dead in Florida School Massacre, the 18th School Shooting of Year; Republican Lawmakers Refuse to Adopt Gun Control Despite 200 School Shootings Since Sandy Hook; Kept Out: Banks Across U.S. Caught Systematically Rejecting People of Color for Home LoansDemocracy Now!
- V-Day Special: Global Activists on Their 20-Year Campaign to Stop Violence Against Women and Girls February 14, 2018Extended conversation with three leading international campaigners fighting to stop violence against women and girls.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-14 Wednesday February 14, 2018Reuters journalists are jailed after exposing a massacre of Rohingya; Rep. Pramila Jayapal responds to Trump's budget, abuse revelations in the White House and stalled progress on DACA; it's the 20th anniversary of V-Day.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-13 Tuesday February 13, 2018Journalist Anne Barnard of the NY Times' Beirut bureau and Syrian-Canadian writer Yazan al-Saadi on the worsening war in Syria; Austin's City Council will vote on paid sick leave, a policy under attack by a Koch-backed lobbying group.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-12 Monday February 12, 2018Ravi Ragbir wins a stay of deportation after filing a free speech lawsuit; judges across the U.S. block deportations; leading Pakistani human rights lawyer and activist Asma Jahangir dies at 66.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-09 Friday February 9, 2018Congress votes to end a brief government shutdown without any protection for DREAMers; Unified Koreans march together at Olympics while Trump threatens war with N. Korea; Col. Lawrence Wilkerson on his fear the U.S. is heading to war with Iran.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-08 Thursday February 8, 2018As the U.S. intensifies its air war in Afghanistan, we speak to Steve Coll, author of “Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America’s Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan.” Plus, we remember Black Lives Matter activist Muhiyidin d’Baha.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-07 Wednesday February 7, 2018NY Taxi Workers Alliance's Bhairavi Desai on how Uber is pushing NYC taxi drivers to despair & suicide; Sherrilyn Ifill of the NAACP LDF on Baltimore's massive police scandal; and Bresha Meadows is freed after being jailed for killing her abusive fatherDemocracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2018-02-06 Tuesday February 6, 2018New Yorker journalist Sarah Stillman on when deportation is a death sentence; longtime movement historian Dr. Harry Edwards on the MLK Dodge Ram advertisement; and professor Jeanne Theoharis on the uses and misuses of civil rights history.Democracy Now!