Im a firm believer that all the natural gas that exists underground should belong to “ALL Americans, and if possible, the Government” ie: (the people as a whole) should get into the gas business. Why leave every single profitable venture to private capitalists which never reimburse the American people for the resources they plunder… Why […]
“I see a big disaster unfolding in front of me. Just like a bad dream unfolding slowly, and you try to shout for help, but no one can hear the cries for help”. But the only reason that no-one hears the screams is because of the din of the cash drawer clanking away as they […]
I cannot believe that in six hard years of getting over the Republican way of doing things, we are heading back in history to repeat all of the mistakes of the past. Anyone who follows politics for the sake of staying informed knows that EVERY SINGLE REP ADMINISTRATION SINCE THE FIFTIES ends in disaster for […]
Typical of the average “politick”… get a domain like “Town Hall” or and organization like the “United States Chamber of Commerce” which gives the impression it is the general consensus of all opinions and viewpoints, consisting of all americans of different viewpoints, but in reality, it is a one-sided affair in which article after article expouses […]
- Cowboys, Cardinals link arms amid anthem protests September 26, 2017PHOENIX (Reuters) - Two National Football League teams on Monday largely steered clear of a controversy over national anthem protests that have ensnared U.S. President Donald Trump and threatened to damage the game's popularity, staging a pre-game "moment of unity" instead.
- Thailand prime minister to visit White House on October 3 September 26, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will meet with Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at the White House on Oct. 3, the White House said in a statement.
- Obamacare repeal on the ropes as pivotal Republican rebuffs Trump September 26, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Susan Collins rebuffed intense lobbying from fellow Republicans and the promise of money for her state in deciding on Monday to oppose - and likely doom - her party's last-ditch effort to repeal Obamacare.
- House panel probing private email use by White House aides September 26, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. House of Representatives committee asked the White House on Monday for information about a media report that senior officials used private email accounts for government business.
- Trump ally Stone flatly rejects allegations of Russia collusion September 26, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. political consultant Roger Stone, a longtime ally of President Donald Trump, flatly rejected on Monday all allegations of collusion between the president's associates and Russia during the 2016 U.S. election.
- The Supreme Court Has Canceled Arguments On The Now-Expired Travel Ban September 25, 2017Jim Watson / AFP / Getty Images The US Supreme Court on Monday canceled arguments scheduled for Oct. 10 on President Trump's second travel and refugee ban executive order, less than 24 hours after Trump signed a new set of travel restrictions and the previous travel ban expired.The justices ordered the lawyers in the case […]
- Donald Trump's Allies Join His Crusade Against The NFL September 24, 2017President Donald Trump Brendan Smialowski / AFP / Getty Images A political group with close ties to President Donald Trump is amplifying his attack on professional athletes who kneel during the national anthem as a form of protest.“Turn off the NFL,” reads a digital ad produced by the nonprofit America First Policies, which planned to […]
- The Health And Human Services Department Made Employees Watch A 30-Minute Video About Leaks September 22, 2017Via youtube.com This week, all employees at the Health and Human Services Department were required to complete a training session about the dangers of leaking information.That request, outlined in an email obtained by BuzzFeed News that included a link to a 30-minute video on leaks, was just how one agency fulfilled the Trump administration's latest […]
- Black Washington Is Ready For Kamala Harris September 22, 2017Kamala Harris earlier this year. David Mcnew / Getty Images There was some nervous energy late Thursday night inside a self-described “industrial chic venue” near the Washington Convention Center, where this year’s Congressional Black Caucus Foundation conference is being held.Guests mingled and waited alongside the jumbo-sized covers of Ebony Magazine that adorned the walls. Then […]
- Proposed White House–Congressional Black Caucus Reception "Postponed" September 20, 2017Manigault-Newman and Trump Pool / Getty Images WASHINGTON — A planned reception at the White House in recognition of the Annual Legislative Conference of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation has been canceled for now.Would-be guests were told on Wednesday that it wasn't clear if the White House was going to send out an official invite […]
- With Popular Single-Payer Plan, Bernie Sanders Enters New Territory: A Wealth Tax September 20, 2017Sanders speaks during an event to introduce the "Medicare for All Act of 2017" on Capitol Hill. Yuri Gripas / Reuters When he introduced his Medicare-for-all bill last week, Bernie Sanders also put down on paper the idea he’s been talking about, sometimes loudly, sometimes with caution, other times not publicly at all, for more […]
- Trump Is Using Targeted Facebook Ads To Reassure Supporters He Will Build The Border Wall September 20, 2017Facebook President Donald Trump is using targeted Facebook ads to reassure supporters that he still plans to build the border wall after his recent public comments caused many to question whether he would keep his promise."There's been a lot of noise and a lot of rumors," reads the text of a Facebook ad from Trump's […]
- The US Government-In-Exile Has A New President September 20, 2017Clinton and Bloomberg share a stage in 2009. Chris Hondros / Getty Images The annual Manhattan conference hosted for a decade by the Clinton Global Initiative became a kind of shorthand for what some hated about the Clintons: a mix of worthy and venal motives, a slosh of money and shady rich people around their […]
- Donald Trump And His Allies Take A Surprisingly Larger Role In The Alabama Senate Race September 18, 2017Alabama Sen. Luther Strange shakes hands with his predecessor, US Attorney General Jeff Sessions, on June 13 in Washington, DC. Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images A political nonprofit loyal to President Donald Trump will spend nearly $500,000 to boost interim Alabama Sen. Luther Strange in a high-stakes Republican runoff election next week.America First Policies will […]
- More Than Seven Lawyers Working On Michael Flynn's Defense Team September 18, 2017Carlos Barria / Reuters Michael Flynn's family has set up a legal defense fund and is now soliciting donations as multiple investigations scrutinize the actions of the former Trump national security adviser.The family is setting up the fund because "[t]he enormous expense of attorneys' fees and other related expenses far exceed their ability to pay," […]
- Bannon: Alabama Republican Primary A Referendum On Davos Elites, Sovereignty Of The People September 26, 2017Breitbart's Steve Bannon appeared on Hannity Monday night to talk about the Alabama Senate Republican primary and President Trump wading into the NFL kneeling controversy. Bannon said the Alabama primary is a referendum on the Davos elites and the sovereignty of the people. "This is the referendum on the party at Davos and the elites […]
- Gingrich on Clinton: Democrats Can't Survive Without Using Race As A Weapon September 26, 2017On Monday's Hannity, Newt Gingrich said Hillary Clinton is using racism as a deliberate political weapon to respond to President Trump's comments about NFL players kneeling. Gingrich called Clinton a racial demagogue. "Donald Trump said absolutely nothing that had to do with race," Gingrich said. "He talked about defending our national anthem. Now, how you […]
- Sen. Susan Collins: Why I'm A 'No' On Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill September 26, 2017Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) explains why she cannot support the GOP's Graham-Cassidy health are bill.
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Takes A Knee With Team Despite Anti-Kneeling Stance, Booed September 26, 2017Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and his team take a knee before the beginning of the Monday Night Football game between the Cowboys and the Arizona Cardinals in Glendale, Arizona. The team was promptly booed. (The Cowboys did not kneel during the national anthem or presentation of the flag.) However, yesterday Jones said: "I do […]
- Hillary Clinton: Quite Telling That Trump Is Willing To Attack Black Athletes, "Dog Whistle" To Base September 26, 2017Hillary Clinton weighed in on President Trump's controversial comments about NFL players kneeling for the national anthem. Clinton said it is "quite telling" that Trump is "willing to attack black athletes" but not white supremacists, the Klan, or Putin. "He attacks black athletes as he did starting with his rally in Alabama. Continued on Twitter. […]
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-25 Monday September 25, 2017Headlines for September 25, 2017; Take the Knee: Athletes Unite in Historic Protest Against Racism & Police Brutality, Defying Trump; Former NFL Player Donté Stallworth: Don't Let Trump Hijack the Conversation on Racism & Violence; Dr. Harry Edwards: Nominate Football Player Colin Kaepernick for the Nobel Peace Prize; Dr. Harry Edwards on the Injustice of […]Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-22 Friday September 22, 2017Amnesty International reveals a bomb that killed 16 civilians in Yemen was made in the USA; 51 countries sign a new treaty to ban nuclear weapons; and thousands gather to celebrate the life of legendary comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-21 Thursday September 21, 2017Hurricane Maria knocks out power and causes catastrophic flooding in Puerto Rico; Jeffrey Sachs on climate change and threat of nuclear war with North Korea; author Andrew Pitzer on her new book, "One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps."Democracy Now!
- Voices from Mexico City After the Earthquake: Aid Arrived Late in Poorer Areas, Help Is Still Needed September 21, 2017As residents of Mexico City gathered near an elementary and middle school and kindergarten that collapsed after Tuesday's earthquake, some told Democracy Now! that help arrived late in poorer areas and that "help is still needed."Democracy Now!
- A Look at the Global History of Concentration Camps, from Pre-WWII to the Ongoing Rohingya Crisis September 21, 2017Journalist and author Andrea Pitzer joins us for an extended discussion of current events and her new book, "One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps."Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-20 Wednesday September 20, 2017Headlines for September 20, 2017; Hundreds Dead in Mexico After Earthquake Strikes on Anniversary of Devastating 1985 Quake; Hurricane Maria Strikes Puerto Rico, Threatening to Be the Most Catastrophic Storm in a Century; Senate Republicans Scramble to Secure Votes for Last-Ditch Effort to Repeal Affordable Care Act; Advocates Warn All Rohingya May Be Driven Out […]Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-19 Tuesday September 19, 2017Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez & DREAMer Dulce Garcia on resistance to Trump's plan to end DACA; refugees sleep over in Trump's childhood home—now an Airbnb—to protest tightening of U.S. borders.Democracy Now!
- Rep. Luis Gutiérrez on Category 5 Hurricane Maria Barreling Toward Puerto Rico September 19, 2017Democratic Congressmember Luis Gutiérrez on the dangers of Hurricane Maria, a Category 5 storm barreling toward Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other Caribbean island nations.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-18 Monday September 18, 2017Best-selling author and journalist Naomi Klein on political shocks after hurricanes Harvey and Irma; the Trump administration's mixed signals on 2015 Paris climate accord; Bernie Sanders' Medicare-for-all plan; and more.Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! 2017-09-15 Friday September 15, 2017Headlines for September 15, 2017; Deregulated & Unaccountable: For-Profit Nursing Homes in Florida Face Scrutiny After Irma Deaths; The Forgotten Americans: Why Did U.S. Media Ignore U.S. Virgin Islands Devastated by Irma?; South Asia: 1,300 Dead, 40 Million Impacted in Climate Change-Linked FloodingDemocracy Now!